May 6, 2015,
Dear Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare (MAHC) Board of Directors:
We acknowledge that the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care requires a Master Program / Master Plan in place to decide the future of Healthcare delivery in our catchment area.
We understand you have heard from the Working Group and the public on this very important issue.
We, the undersigned, feel strongly about the magnitude of the effect of the choice you are about to make, both in the immediate present and well into the future. For this reason, we are compelled to reach out one more time and urge you to choose the two acute care model for our area.
Why? Because of the timeline stated at MAHC’s public consultations “Planning for 2030 and Beyond.” There is no way of predicting the costs for any of the options presented. There is no way of knowing the demographics of our area and no way of predicting how technology will affect the basic delivery of Healthcare in our province.
Choosing any other option at this time will have an immediate negative effect on our current communities whether businesses, retirees and vacationers, all without knowing whether the path chosen will be the economically appropriate solution.
We appreciate your dedicated, hard work and the pressure-cooker your deliberations have put you in. This is by no means an easy task.
We urge you, nevertheless, to please consider the immediate, potentially devastating, effects of a choice other than two acute care sites where they are situated today.
- Dr. K. Williams Dr. R. Whaley Dr. J. MacDonald Dr. D. Mathies
- Dr. E. Love Dr. S. Hill Dr. G. Forestall Dr. T. Lapp
- Dr. G. Stewart Dr. S. Varieur Dr. B. Murat Dr. M. Stephenson
- Dr. P. Bastedo Dr. M. deRoode Dr. D. Purcell Dr. J. MacMillan
- Dr. M. Wilson Dr. G. Stewart Dr. R. Trenholm Dr. D. Harrold
- Dr. R. Kirkpatrick Dr. P. McDermott Dr. A. Hudson Dr. S. Brannigan
- Dr. H. Dempster Dr. A. MacMillan Dr. C. Kwiatkowski Dr. D. Johnstone
- Dr. J. Rae Dr. D. Morton Dr. A. Brown
- Bill Coon – Medical Centre Pharmacy
- Dana Murdy – Shopper’s Drug Mart
- Troy Cox – Pharmasave
- Doug Campbell – President, Huntsville/Lake of Bays Chamber of Commerce
- Martin Barkey – MBRP
- Jason Armstrong – Drive Muskoka Dealerships
- Rich Swift – Algonquin Outfitters
- Doug Sullivan – Bickley Ford
- Andrew & Lisa Kidd – Devonleigh Homes
- Randy Robinson – Robinson’s Independent Grocer
- Pat Dube – Greystone Project Management
- Rene Landry – Kimberley-Clark
- Mark Tulloch – Tulloch Engineering
- John Burnside – Hidden Valley Inn, King William Inn
- Tim Withey Fran Coleman Claude Doughty